More fun with apps, but first let me wish you a joyous holiday season and a happy new year just in case I don't get to it in the following days and weeks.
I duly went to the Amazon app store and no luck. I then tried the Google Play store from my phone and found ToME but not Dungeon Sketch. A web search on the computer found Dungeon sketch but it said it was incompatible with my phone, I was able to download the apk file from the developers site because I really wanted to put it on the Kindle anyway.
I then spent an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out how to side load apps onto the Kindle Fire. There are some tutorials out there, I'll show you how I did it.
2. Once you've backed up the apps in question on your device, copy them to your computer.
|In the App Manager selecting and backing up.|
|Showing your backed up apps.|
3. Go to the Settings>Device menu on your Kindle Fire and allow 3rd party apps
|Turn on 3rd party Apps|
4. Copy over the the app files to your Kindle, I chose to put them in the /backup/apps folder.
|ES File manager on the Kindle.|
5. Open the /backup/apps folder on your Kindle. Your apps should now be there. Press on the icons to open them and you will be asked to install.
|Showing them in the back up folder.|
6. Hit install. Congratulations you have side loaded your app.
|Successfully side loaded.|
Unfortunately Dungeon Sketch was not supported on any of my devices. I am now set up to do some gaming on my phone or kindle. I also learned how to get screen captures on my phone. Fun stuff.
I also hope to have that Heraldry tutorial up soon, although at present it may be a post mortem of what I did rather than a step by step how to from scratch. We shall see.