Followers

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

My April Submission to the OWAC2.

Hi All,

Well I finally got my skeletons and Zombies finished.

Here they are.


10 Skeleton "archers" from Skull and Crown: Triumph of Death


And 20 of the plastic boxed set of Zombies from Games Workshop. Which they still sell here.


I thought I'd give you a close up of the banner as well. In the next few days I'll do a post on how I did it. I call it paint by numbers, as I can't draw very well. It involves stitching together various line art in GIMP or Photoshop and then printing it out on paper and coloring within the lines.


The skeletons were once again base coated white and then slathered in a mix of yellow and brown ink before being drybrushed with the Reaper Bone Triad. The zombies were base coated grey and painted with Reaper's Undead Skin Tone Triad. I tried to use some color desaturated with grey, it was so so in my opinion. I also painted some areas that were intended to be flesh as cloth, such as the banner bearers legs. The exposed muscles and guts got a wash of Purple and Red ink, with the guts getting an additional light highlight, I think of slate green.

Anyway, I'm glad to see the back of these. I will be working on the Plague Cart and Grim Reapers for May.

Thanks for looking and commenting.

Friday, April 12, 2019

Blogging and Banners

Hi All,

We seem to be at the time of year where I realize I've let things slip. It seems like usually in the hobby I get frustrated sometime around February or March and my productivity and posting go way down. This year appears to be no exception.

In the OWAC I had to declare a Mulligan for March as I just hadn't quite gotten the figures for that month finished. They were close, but I kept on seeing glaring errors that I just couldn't ignore that were fiddly and things that kept me from calling the figures finished.

I also just hit a mojo rut. I have a lot of varied things to paint but I just got stuck and stopped sitting at the painting desk. One of the things that is causing a mojo block is the banner for the Zombies. It's been awhile since I've made a banner one post is here. I did finish those banners and they are still on my Orcs. As you can see, I'm not a very good drawer, but I was fairly good at using GIMP to give me custom banners made from elements of the line drawings provided by GW.

Fast forward about three and half years. I'm using photoshop and I can't seem to do it. Frankly I'm baffled. The resolution is squirrely, the size seems to be way off when I eventually print it out. So I'm going back to GIMP to get things in shape.

I've been working on getting this month's OWAC submission finished and going back over the previous submissions and fixing a few errors and putting matte varnish and some flock on.

I'll also be working on some other upcoming projects, like my renegade warband and Rogue trader Imperial Army.

Welcome to donjondo, thanks for following.

Sorry about the lack of pictures in this post, not much to show except piles of partially or completely unfinished stuff.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...