Tuesday, April 16, 2019

My April Submission to the OWAC2.

Hi All,

Well I finally got my skeletons and Zombies finished.

Here they are.


10 Skeleton "archers" from Skull and Crown: Triumph of Death


And 20 of the plastic boxed set of Zombies from Games Workshop. Which they still sell here.


I thought I'd give you a close up of the banner as well. In the next few days I'll do a post on how I did it. I call it paint by numbers, as I can't draw very well. It involves stitching together various line art in GIMP or Photoshop and then printing it out on paper and coloring within the lines.


The skeletons were once again base coated white and then slathered in a mix of yellow and brown ink before being drybrushed with the Reaper Bone Triad. The zombies were base coated grey and painted with Reaper's Undead Skin Tone Triad. I tried to use some color desaturated with grey, it was so so in my opinion. I also painted some areas that were intended to be flesh as cloth, such as the banner bearers legs. The exposed muscles and guts got a wash of Purple and Red ink, with the guts getting an additional light highlight, I think of slate green.

Anyway, I'm glad to see the back of these. I will be working on the Plague Cart and Grim Reapers for May.

Thanks for looking and commenting.

8 comments:

  1. Awesome stuff man! That banner is ace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Airborne, it was fairly straight forward once I remembered how to size it right.

      Delete
  2. Love your most impressive and splendid skelettons and zombies...and the banner, stunning job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Phil Curran. All credit due to the Reaper paints and a liberal use of my home made grunge wash.

      Delete
  4. Nice skellies and zombies, and that banner turned out really well!

    That GW still sells those zombies always surprises me when I recollect it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lasgunpacker, looks like I missed your comment when you made it. Yes, it is surprising sometimes how long figures remain in production.

      Delete