Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A major award!

Well thanks to Dale over at Dale's Wargames I have been awarded the Liebster Blog Award.


To quote Dale " I find a good bit of humor and a few ideas on tools to use and things to try on his blog."

Thanks. Since I am not a great painter, and seem to be unable to concentrate on a project long enough to finish it, I try to share useful tidbits and leverage the hive mind that is the wargaming blogger community. If such a thing exists.

Now I won't re-award him back, thus making a closed loop, but I will say that the Liebster award for Dale's Wargames is well deserved. He is very thoughtful and investigates the games he plays and designs pretty thoroughly. I've made several purchases after reading his thoughts on a few games. And if you are into solo gaming you should check out his other blog,  Solo Battles. In his most recent post there are a few titles I need to add to my Christmas wish list.

On to the rules of the Award (cut and pasted with love):


  • Copy and paste the award on your blog, linking it to the blogger who has given it to you.
  • Pass the award to your top five favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers by leaving a comment on one of their blog posts to notify them that they have won the award and list them on your own blog.
  • Sit back and bask in that warm fuzzy feeling that comes with knowing that you have just made someone's day.
  • There is no obligation to pass this onto anyone else but it is nice if you do.


So for my awards I will adhere, as strictly as possible, to the 200 followers limit. I will also try not to award a blog that has already received one. Believe me, it's hard enough to get nominated once so I'd prefer to spread the love. And lastly, many blogs are deserving but I can choose only 5. If I don't pick you it's just that there are a wealth of deserving blogs, sorry.

Here they are in Blogger Reading list order:

1/72 Multiverse - an indispensable resource for finding fantasy figures compatible with 1/72nd scale. Excellent reviews and odd ball figures.

Atomic Floozy - a Wordpress blog, but I won't hold that against her. She plays interesting games and has strong painting technique. Her recent tutorial on Native American, and Horse painting techniques should not be missed.

Colgar6 and the Infinite Legion of Toy Soldiers - His games just look phenomenal and like a lot of fun. I really like all the game aids he makes, like event cards and character cards. A really enjoyable blog to read.

Here's no Great Matter - A wargamer in Japan. He has some good tips for making playing surfaces and plays some interesting games. And he wrote a how to post for me after a comment I made asking him about his battle mat. Now that's responsive blogging. I also would like to appropriate his idea for making a page dedicated to paint combinations. Sort of an online painting journal.

Terrain for Hippos - A blog about, what else, Terrain building. Lots of interesting projects. Of late he's been speed painting a Skaven Army. I wish I could paint that fast.

Well there you have it. That was much harder than I anticipated. I had to leave out quite a few that I feel really deserved mention. Oh well.

The blog looks like it is slowly reverting to normal as of last check 61 views today, 243 on Dec 3rd, 868 on Dec 2nd and 211 on Dec 1st. One thing to note is that the mouse window shows the dates one day earlier I'm not sure why that is.

Welcome to Ubique Matt of Ubique and All over the Place the former has some great painted figures and the latter has some interesting travel pictures.

And Whisperin Al has told his blog, it's The Wargame Shed reviews of the Skirmish Campaigns series and some nicely painted WSS figures.

Whew I'm beat.

4 comments: