I really am making progress, I've just already fallen off the charting my progress wagon. I think I may need to print it out and pencil things in. Apparently updating the spread sheet as I work on things is not happening.
I hope all you fathers out there had a great Father's Day. Mine was pretty good. Although I did a fair amount of yard clean up to get ready for the house painters, I got to workout at the gym and finish the day with a burger and beer at BJ's. They even gave me a free pint glass. No comment on how many I already own.
The family also bought me X-Com from Fantasy Flight games. I picked it in the hopes that it would be a better family game. My daughter doesn't seem to want to play and my wife had trouble handling the role of Commander and Central Officer in this game. The use of the app to randomize the alien attack is interesting and the timed phases and limited resources do add tension, not great when we're trying to learn though. My son and I played the tutorial and lost after five rounds. We started this game and got one round in before my wife wanted to stop. I've had the ap running with the sound off ever since, as there doesn't seem to be a way to save where you are in the game. We are relying heavily on the pause feature for the timed stuff. What I'm hoping is that, with a cooperative game, my son will focus less on winning and losing and more on enjoyment of playing.
Now for the progress shots.
The yellow and black boyz are nearing completion. Just belts and buckles to touch up and then some washes. I like how the raw sienna worked to shade the yellow.
I'm going to use the shields molded from sculpey. I whittled and fled down the thickness of the one on the left. The first two are from the Instamold, the one on the right is from the sculpey mold.
As a brain relaxer I've been noodling around with the fanatics and wizard. The wizard looks like he fell in a paint sample bin right now. I need to make some decisions about him. Just belts and pouches on the fanatics.
The standard bearers all put back together and green stuffed. I need to work on their banners, be prepared for another stream of conciousness post on that topic. The one on the right has some chipped paint and some paper from the old banner that I couldn't get off. I'll figure out how to cover that up.
I also went out and bought some of this product after researching my press mold stuff. I already have the alumilite casting kit, but have held off as it seems to messy for me to handle at the moment.
Cheers for now. Watch out for my up coming bloggiversary and underwhelming giveaway coming up this week.