Just thought I'd take time to note that I started this blog four years ago today, and what a ride it's been.
I'd like to thank you all for taking the time to read and comment on my ramblings and help a grouchy old hobbyist feel like he has mates all over the world. It's not that I don't have "real" friends, I just have put my hobby self in storage along with my games and figures. I'm sure most of you who drifted away from the hobby know what I am try, very poorly, to say.
I think this last year has seen me paint the most figures ever and return to feeling a little more comfortable with my painting "style". I hope to be pushing my technique more and am already doing some planning for what I want to do in next years Analogue Hobbies painting challenge.
The blog now has 184 followers and more views than miles on my truck, finally. 179,853 as I write this, and not all bots.
Looking into Google Analytics, things look a little bleaker. In the past year I've had 8,648 sessions, from 5,992 users and 11,772 page views. People spend an average of 56 seconds on my blog and the bounce rate is 81.45%, meaning that percent view one page and leave. About 31.3% of viewers are returning. These stats reduce the warm fuzzies somewhat, but I think there are ways to dissuade bots from crawling or whatever the term is for those websites that spoof links to your blog. I've done some research on blacklists and I my try to implement one.
I will be doing a giveaway, I just need to dig out my hobby space and determine what I have to give you. So watch this space.
I'll finish with some pictures of the units I finished today.
I really finished these red and black boyz a couple of weeks ago, but I got the shields on them today.
Yellow and black boyz finished today. I don't like how these pictures came out, so I'm going to spend more time on the lighting.
Just showing the shields. 1, 2 and 4 are the ones molded out of sculpey. for the sculpted shield I wracked my brain for how to use the stitches on the surface. I took it to mean that the shield had been repaired and thus the markings were partial. I was worried that I couldn't pull off the black sun motif, but I think it worked. I may start paining shields on paper to practice.
Thanks for stopping by.