I've been laying low lately as things have been a little bit much for me the last month or so. I'm fine, just trying to work through the usual sources of frustration.
Let's talk hobby stuff!
If you really need to go back and read it, here is last years recap. I'll take my plans from the end of 2018 and see how I did.
- Finish my Undead Army for OWAC2
Accomplished. 1031 points of Undead painted. Post is here.
- Paint my Renegade Warband that I've rolled up
- Paint a Slann Kill Team
- Build more Terrain (Especially finish that dang Coach House)
- Paint up IG for a local (Phoenix) Rogue Trader Campaign
- Get back to cataloging stuff for the 100% painted challenge
- Go to BOYL2019
- Go to Monolithcon 2019
- Maybe some other Con
- Finish my expanded campaign map and play out more games in that world
Hmm, only 50% of my goals met. Although I think the ones I did accomplish were pretty big ones.
|9 photos of stuff I painted this year|
For painting totals I painted 103 models. How does this compare to other years? 2018 (100), 2017 (99), 2016 (50), 2015 (152), 2014 (105), 2013 (9), 2012 (4), 2011 (0). So for the decade that's 622 figures since I got back into the hobby or roughly 69 per year over the last nine years. Not a lot really. But I did notice that I seem to be averaging about 100 per year since 2014.
So, what's in store for 2020? A little hard to say for sure. This year was tough as I tried to move my hobby space and try to do it someplace where I could interact with the family better while painting. It didn't totally work and I managed to misplace a lot of stuff. So let's see what is on the table for 2020.
- Clear out a dedicated hobby space
- build more terrain (really do it this time)
- play more games at home/ in town
- Adopt more of a last in/first out painting regime. If I've had it for years and haven't painted it, don't kill mojo.
- Paint Blood Bowl/ Blitz Bowl figures.
- Advanced Heroquest
- Zombie Gaming figures
Happy hobbying to you in the new year.