Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Progress on tweaking Flipcard

Works in IE8
Well I've made some progress after banging my head against a wall for a few hours today.

Turns out that there may be an issue with the "Apply to Blog" button not working in Chrome. I found a thread from 12/17/12 on Google Groups here. The fix for me was to do it in Internet Explorer (IE). I happen to have IE8 on my laptop, I think the up to date version is 10.

As you can see I was able to add a background, header image and change the title, description and post title fonts. I also changed the color scheme.

I still haven't fixed the page or gadget issue, but I'm slightly more hopeful. It seems as if I'm going to have to make a new banner because I tried to reposition the title and description but that didn't seem to work.

Let me know if there are any viewing or ledgibility issues because, ultimately I want it to be easy to read and find what you want to read. My bizarre artistic urges and questionable design choices take a back seat to the core mission of the blog, which is to share information.

ANd any questions just let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Its look good Sean keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks good and readable. For some reason, the sub-title ("Another blog...") appears right after the title instead of below it as I would expect.

    It's funny to think that Blogger's interface doesn't work in Chrome...

    ReplyDelete