Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Happy Birthday to me (the blog that is)

Well it was actually yesterday, but I was busy galavanting around the Arboretum at UC Davis and cursing my now 4 month old hip/ groin injury that doesn't seem to want to heal.

One of the things we did was pull out my old Traveller books. My brother has been holding them as I gave him all of my role playing stuff when I moved out of the house at 18.

Sorry for the blur, I must have moved. I thought I had the Navy book as well.

The adventures. I only remember playing the Fasa one.
It was a nice trip down memory lane, and now I know where I can go to get a resource for reinvigorating a sci fi campaign. Now only to buy 5150: Star army and maybe 5150: Star Navy when it comes out.

As far as the blog goes, not too bad for a blog with no real goals, but obviously one could do better. Look to The Angry Lurker, Don't Throw a One and Frontline Gamer if you want to see how it's done.

I'll be going more blog lists and trying a little more to cross promote in the coming year. My goals are still nebulous, and I'll try to define them more in my own mind. The one thing is to get on the TGN Blog network. In the words of Mike Tyson "I'm gonna make you love me!"

Cheers!

Next up will be some set up of the re-tool of Blod Orn and some more Nuts & Bolts about the upcoming Talomir campaign. I'll try to post the blow by blow here while making the posts on Talomir Tales more narrative.

Perhaps the goal should be to double my totals thus far, or rather get twice as much done in one year. So that would equate to roughly 180 more posts, 12,000 more views and 86 more followers. Something to shoot for.

4 comments:

  1. Happy blog Birthday Sean!!!! Thanks for the link back and kind words too!! Great book your reading at the moment. I'm on "A Feast For Crows"!! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to the blog, Sean! :)

    Always nice stuff here in Sean`s Wargame Corner!

    Greetings from Brazil!

    Mauther

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have boxes and boxes of Traveller stuff, and also acquired the CDs of them as well I only really played Original Traveller and MegaTraveller but am an semi-addict when it comes to Traveller, even if I have not played an RPF for 15 years. I am tempted to start up a bit of a solo adventure possibly using Star Smuggler, or may just play Star Smuggler! I have more than enough projects underway at the moment that I cannot finish, so one more will not hurt.

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete