Wednesday, May 23, 2018

1000 point-ish Bretonnian Army

Hi All,

So I finally finished those Bretonnians I was working on for the Old World Army Challenge. If the article isn't at the top of the page anymore, you can read it here. I suggest you go over there if you want a full break down of the points cost. When I gave actual points to the various bonus figures I painted it came out to more like 1200 points. I think I will make a list of about 1500 points as I think that is more playable.

People were creeped out, I was trying to emulate Dave Andrews.
I feel like I nailed it.

Had some lighting issues, I probably should have pumped up the ISO more. Had to have the aperture wide open, so it's a little blurry in spots.

Left to Right: 20 Brigands, 10 Retainers w/ Crossbow, 4 Noblesse D'Epee + 1 Marquis (10th Level), 1 Amorcier (5th Level) "Holbon Toddlebrew", 9 Retainers + 1 Baron (5th Level), 9 Foot Knights + 1 Baron (5th Level), Baggage wagon + 5 camp followers, War Altar and two Guards, 4 Chevalier D'Honneur + 1 Viscomte (15th Level), 15 Levy w/ Bows, L' Ordonnance + 3 crew, 1 Amorcier (5th Level) "Mazda"


Closer up shot of the Baggage. Stupid me, I forgot to move the chair. The cart was made from balsa and bamboo skewers with the addition of GW plastic horses and cart wheels. I put it on a Litko 3mm thick 50mm x 150mm base. The baggage are some plaster Hirst Arts castings I bought of someone on the internet. I glued them to a 40mm x 40mm Rendera base. So it is removable. The followers are 3 Reaper Villagers and two GW Laborers.


The War Altar is made from Balsa, Bamboo Skewers and card. The relics are resin, from Max Mini here. The figures are from Reaper.

So there you have it. I'm frantically trying to get ready for Kublacon, I totally missed the mark on getting new gangs ready for Necromunda this year, so I'm trying to pull something together last minute.

Thanks for looking.

30 comments:

  1. What a sight to behold! Great job Sean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant to see them all finished!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Riot, I'm glad to see the back of them for now. On to Necromunda and RT stuff for awhile.

      Delete
  3. Hilarious- and awesome! Grand looking Armee' to boot!
    Cheers

    Ths

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Foss, I thought you'd appreciate that.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Lee, I wouldn't exactly say it was my holy grail, but things just came together to build this long sought after force.

      Delete
  5. Excellent! That pose is perfect too.

    So when you swing back around to this army, what are you going to add? Another lance of knights? Light cav? A couple of big infantry blocks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lasgunpacker, the pose was actually easier to get than I thought it would be. I still have another 20 plastic Normans, 10 more Foundry Crossbow and I think enough plastic Knights of the Realm to buff those up to 10. Then we'll just see where things take us. Always fun to have some wacky stuff in there.

      Delete
  6. Glad to see you finish this - an impressive feat my friend.

    That pic of you made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, it damn near killed me. Well that may be an exaggeration, but it did seem an impossible task at several stages. I thought you would like the Warhammer Armies pose.

      Delete
  7. Cracking looking army. Enjoy playing with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, I'm looking at how I can stick it in the luggage for the family Summer jaunt.

      Delete
  8. Awesome Sauce....that pose is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Brettonians, my favourite fantasy army since oh the very early days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris, I feel they are iconic 3rd edition Warhammer.

      Delete
  10. Terrific output Sean! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, a bigger than normal output for me.

      Delete
  11. Awesome! That's a worthy accomplishment! See you at the con... I'm heading to the airport now. Was similarly scrambling to get a new necro gang together. Finally have enough scavvies to put on the table but had to borrow a scaly stand-in from my fantasy figs and zombies from a friend. Finished a Mordheim undead gang though, they are done and ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ryder. It was great to meet you in person yesterday. See you at the Necromunda game for sure.

      Delete
  12. Wow, it has been a long time since the Bretonnian got the respect their deserved. Well done! The part I love is the altar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cedric. I'm glad you like the altar. Considering I was winging it, it came out ok.

      Delete
  13. This is a cracking army, doubly so when you see it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice and colourful, just as it should be :-) .

    ReplyDelete