Saturday, February 12, 2022

Testing how to add movement to my comic book photos

 Hi All,

One of the benefits of having trouble sleeping is that you sometimes have a lot of time to watch videos and learn how to do things.

It occurred to me that I should see how I could animate my comic videos more. So I watched a bunch of youtube videos on animation, rotoscoping etc.


It turns out that there is a time line view for photoshop and your layers can become video segments. My daughter, the animation major, was all like "duh, dad!"

Anyway the gist of it is this. cut out your subjects and put them on their own layers. Do a content aware fill to get a subject free background, and clean up as necessary. Then you can make copies and move them and resize them and drag them into video groups.

This is obviously clunky, I'm doing a position change per second in a 5 second video, so it's very basic. I just wanted to see if I could actually do it. It tried another method converting things into 3D objects,  but I couldn't get it to work for some reason. I'm also not really understanding how to utilize key frames.

Here's the video from Youtube.


Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment