Saturday, February 5, 2022

Camera Raw in Photoshop for tweaking comic photos

 Hi All,

I had one of those "Doh!" moments the other day.

Why wasn't I using Camera Raw to adjust image exposure in these cellphone shots?

As per usual I think I had done things differently in the past and as I got more involved in making comics and switching from DSLR to cellphone I lost some of the technique along the way.

When using DSLR I had always adjusted the RAW images in Lightroom and then exported as JPEG. When I first got into using the Cellphone again I used Snapseed to do something similar. But honestly it was a little bit of a pain doing that on the phone.

I knew about Camera Raw in Photoshop but I didn't remember how to access it. I don't use Adobe Bridge to manage my photos.

So I Googled it.


So we open up our same example photo.



Then Shift+Ctrl+A to open Camera Raw. You now have a Lightroom like menu to make adjustments.



Then I just apply my standard base adjustments. Bring the Highlights all the way down, Pump the Shadows all the way up, and then adjust the Exposure to center the Histogram and pull the Whites and the Blacks back out.



So a big improvement. I could also pump up the saturation, but I could do that with an adjustment layer later as well.

Anyway, it's fun to remember ways to do things that you kind of forgot about.

Happy hobbying.

No comments:

Post a Comment