Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Dungeon - The rematch

 Hi All,

So I teased the game of Dungeon we played last post. I ended up winning that game as the Hero, but of course I didn't take pictures. My son wanted to redeem himself after spending 4 turns in the previous game rolling 5's and 6's trying to get through a secret door on the 4th level. If you don't know, Elves discover secret doors on a 1-4 in this game. Everyone else is a 1-2.


This is the original 1980 version of the game.



The long edges of the box seem to be somewhat inclusive.


Murder hobos running around the dungeon.


This was the treasure I won after being killed by an Ogre and having to go back to the start. A +2 sword is nice, but too little too late.


My son made it back to the start with his requisite treasure. My kids wanted to argue with me that the green guy on the board was a zombie and not a troll. I told them to read the damn monster manual. Noobs!


This is my son's winning treasure. About half of it is what my hero dropped on the floor fighting that ogre.

I demand a rematch. ;)

Happy gaming everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Another game I’d not heard of before, but that sounds like super fun. Have you owned it since your very very very long-time-ago younger days, or was this an eBay Reminiscing purchase?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dai, I'm pretty sure this is my original game bought back sometime in the early 80's. It's at my parents house now. We played two more games before getting on the plane yesterday. First we all played the Super Hero character because my brother was convinced it was broken. Then we all played as Wizards. It turns out that we have the 2014 re-release of Dungeon here in Phoenix, but somehow have never played it. So it looks like we may get in a few games before school starts up next week.

      Delete