Followers

Saturday, February 2, 2019

Paint Table Saturday 274 - Actual painted figures

Hi All,

It seems like I always finish models sometime during the week and then always forget to share them with you all on PTS.

I have had to wait 24 hours to share them here due to the rules of the Old World Army Challenge. If you like seeing painted figures you should check that blog out.

So here they are:


5 Death Riders. From a black base coat I drybrushed using my Reaper Bone Triad. I enjoyed doing the verdigris helmets and skull design, although in a rush to finish the shields I seem to have wiped off the Spectral Glow wash a little more than I'd like.


The Skull Chucker and crew were also built up from a black undercoat. For my rusted metal effect I used craft paint (Charcoal Grey, Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna, Burnt Orange, Bright Orange) followed by a drybrush of Blackened Steel.


Lastly, 3 Skeleton Warriors from the old Skeleton Regiment box. The person who sold me these also had the metal command conversion blister and the metal coffin lid shields. These were base coated in white and, more or less, painted following the Skeleton Painting guide in White Dwarf 142.  I put a 2 part Sepia, 2 part Yellow Orange and 1 part water; ink mix onto these. I then went back and slathered them in Burnt Umber ink because the Yellow overpowered the Sepia. Then the figures were drybrushed up the same as the ones that were undercoated black. I like this method of painting bone better as I feel like it gives a more, flesh off the bone look.

With all the figures I used my Grunge wash recipe liberally over everything to give them that dirty look. I ran out of time late Thursday night to finish the flocking on the bases. I will rectify that.

What's on the table this week?


I'm thinking of painting the Zombies and the Skeleton Archers. As you can see, I still need to prep the Triumph of Death figures I'm using. Perfect project for watching a Super Bowl with two teams I couldn't care less about.


The Advanced Heroquest figures, or perhaps even the Harlequins in the background, still stare accusingly at me. I do need to keep working on my Imperial Guard (whose ignominious defeat will be chronicled soon) as well as some projects for later this Summer.

So stay tuned, and thanks for looking.

10 comments:

  1. The skellies turned out great Sean! Now you only need a few fassand more to make a horde army :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Papafakis, thanks. I have quite a few more but I start getting into Mantic, Skull and Crown and Reaper. For the opener I was trying to stick to GW and as old as I had on hand. Other than the catapult and crew, I think the rest were mid to late 90's.

      Delete
  2. They look great. Well worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Riot. Yeah it just took me awhile to realize I really didn't have all the time in the world.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic work on the Undead Sean !
    I'm looking forward to more progress on the others.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mario. I enjoyed trying some new techniques and recipes for this. I didn't succeed with all them, but the end result was nice.

      Delete
  4. Skellies are looking quite nice! Those chaps with the coffin shields look particularly good.

    And ooh Harlequins...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lasgunpacker. I think that skeleton unit is going to turn out really well. I'm liking the WD142 painting technique a lot. I came across a deal on the Harlwequins that was too good to pass up. Eldar are another long range project.

      Delete
  5. those coffin shields are gold. wish more manufacturers made them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anthony, yeah when the skeleton regiment box I bought came with the coffin lid shields and command bits blister packs, I had to use them for this project.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...