Saturday, October 28, 2017

Paint Table Saturday 208 - Bretonnians being prepped.

Hi All,

Not a lot of painting done this week. I've been prepping figures for the Old World Army challenge which can be seen here.

I was planning on doing an Undead army featuring figures from the Skull & Crown Triumph of Death Kickstarter for the Analogue Hobbies painting challenge. I made a list for the Old World challenge and then found out that three of us were doing Undead and no one was doing Bretonnia. So I switched just so we could have complete coverage and I can do the Undead for Analogue Hobbies. If I don't crash and burn that is.


So, we can see here the 20 Conquest plastic Normans I'll be painting up as Brigands. Behind them are late 80's Bretonnian foot knights, behind them are the 5 original metal Bretonnian bowmen plus the 2 plastic ones from 4th edition. To the right of the Normans are the 4 remaining metal Bretonnian Crossbowmen from my original collection and behind them the 5 retainers I had plus 3 retainers and 2 fighters I bought from Blue some time ago.


And my Foundry order finally arrived. A pack each of marching and firing Crossbowmen and one pack of firing bowmen from their Baron's war range I think. They threw in an ACW figure and I kind of wish they hadn't. I've been planning to do ACW in 1/72 plastic and this figure is so nice. Argh!


We had our final regulation Cross Country meet of the season this morning, and my boy came in first in his age group. Hurray! But I took this opportunity to make a trip to the Mesa, AZ Bookman's as I hadn't been there before. In the sea of 7th Edition (?) Warhammer 40K books there was this.


It wasn't the original shrink wrap, but the books inside appear to be untouched. I'm happy with the find.

I hope to finish up those IG tomorrow. I know I've said that for weeks. I'll keep saying it until it's true.

I need to get back to prepping and watching some kind of horror movie with my wife and son while my daughter goes out to a friends Halloween party.

Keep your brushes pointy.

16 comments:

  1. Nice start, Sean. BTW, I saw that FireForge is releasing "Fantasy" mounted knights - looks like the same mounted figures previously released but with helmets with fantastical crests. They look very reminiscent of Bretonnian knights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dean. Thanks, I'll have to check those out.

      Delete
  2. Nice looking army Sean ! I'm looking forward to see some paint on them !
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mario. I have to say I'm sick of prepping them. I'm also looking forward to painting them.

      Delete
  3. That's a lot of plastic and metal to paint, Sean, so my very best wishes to you to get them done. It sounds like you have a plan though, and there's nothing more inspirational to keep the mojo going, imho, than friends attempting a similar project. I'll be watching this one with great interest :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxkleric. I hope I can maintain the discipline to get all of my Winter painting projects done.

      Delete
  4. Lots to keep you out of mischief there Sean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to watching this project progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill. Progress is the key to this project. No time for fussing about.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you Michal, I hope it will be awesome when it's done.

      Delete
  7. This is gonna be a sweet army, and that was a nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my (mostly 5th edition) Brettonians, though they are used for Hordes of the Things, rather than Warhammer. They took quite a while to paint; it'll be interesting to see how you handle this task!

    ReplyDelete