Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Expand the Beach Head - Chain of Command

 Hi All,

Still alive, just not been in much of a hobby mood. Still working through old games. This one was again with Fantastic Legions back in September of last year.

Again all of his terrain and figures.

We played in 15mm.

I left this one too long and don't have a clear memory of all the events of the game. Hopefully it is an enjoyable read none the less.

Enjoy.







It's an interesting system and I think it produces a good game. My 15mm Sovs are still half painted, but we moved on to Middle Earth so there's no rush.

I'll have another game of this next before we get to that.

Happy hobbying.

2 comments:

  1. Well done again,
    I think the use of smoke to break the battlefield into smaller firefights is a very overlooked part of tactical level wargames.
    The report might have been short, but it gave a good look at a neglected tactical option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maj. Guiscard, thanks. I played a lot of Squad Leader and some ASL when I got into war gaming and the German Engineer use of smoke in the Stalingrad scenarios left an impression on me. In this game the smoke was an option I had via mortar so it was a tad inaccurate, that's why I had so much of it on the table. But I think smoke in tactical games is a very important tool.

      Delete