Thursday, February 18, 2021

Breakout from Ville de Williams-Sonoma - Chain of Command

 Hi All,

Found some time to work on the next game. It was about a month after the previous one and I still didn't totally have a handle on the rules. It was the same match up as last time, but this time CJ played the Germans while I played the British.

The terrain and figures were again supplied by Fantastic Legions who GM'd our game alongside Brendan and Adam playing Sovs vs Americans on the other end of the table. The magic of 15mm.

CJ did a great job of laying out the terrain for the game.

Again my memory of what actually happened is pretty foggy. I feel like I pulled out a win, or at least a minor victory at the end with some sniper fire, but they were hidden and so didn't appear in the photos. Doh!

One thing I think I forgot to mention in the last comic is my use of the clone stamp in photoshop to clean up extraneous stuff in the pictures. I used it more heavily here to clean up table edges and game aids/dice so that they didn't distract from the action. I may do a side by side comparison post at a later date.

Any way, please enjoy.





Short and sweet.

I've been looking at more digital art techniques and videos on youtube. So I might be getting crazy with some backgrounds, who knows?

I'm thinking the Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game: Battle Companies stuff is up next, but I haven't migrated it over to the new computer yet.

I also need to get back to actual hobby, not digital hobby. The important thing is I'm having fun, I guess.

Keep finding joy in the process.

Later.

4 comments:

  1. Inspired work, a great looking batrep, a pleasure to watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phil, thank you very much. I think I've gotten to a place where I can produce the look I want pretty easily. I just need to get faster at it.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sean,
    Great report again. As per you comment above, I agree with you. I like the results I get from ComicLife, but the process is cumbersome.

    Will

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Maj. Guiscard. I also tend to complicate things by doing all the comic effect stuff in photoshop. If I just used comic life to do all that it would be quicker, but I would have to give up a lot of the control I have with Photoshop. I will say that comic life 3 works way better on my new computer. Apparently having 16GB of RAM instead of 8GB makes a difference.

      Delete