Monday, September 16, 2019

BOYL 2019 - Terminator: Apotheosis

Hi All,

My last report from BOYL 2019. The Sunday game was a relaxed affair as we were all winding down from a tour de force weekend. Cheetor ran this game using the rules from some boxed Terminator game. I can't keep it straight which one it was, but the figures and terrain were great and the rules pretty straight forward.

After a quick explanation we were off to save the future, or was that the past? Who knows?







On a technical note, I did all the comicifying and special effects in photoshop. I think I need to work on the technique a little more, but I like the results overall. All the text was added when I did the panels in Comic Life 3.

I'll most likely post a little bit about my new comic process and then hopefully about stuff I'm working on for upcoming games.

Thanks for looking.

Happy hobbying.

12 comments:

  1. Love it Sean, thanks for putting so much work into the report :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Cheetor. The method needs some refinement but it worked out ok.

      Delete
  2. Well if you will play hardball with the terminators. A fun report thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. Yes, it was clear from the beginning that "winning" was being the last to die.

      Delete
  3. The end result was inevitable. Ruthless game for sure, though at least the scientists got to run a block away before they were likewise Termin8d!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Dai, yes we knew we were the walking dead. I'd like to think that maybe somehow at least one of the scientists got away. Perhaps that's another scenario?

      Delete
  4. I do enjoy these. Methinks the Resistance should train up an 'Overwatch' squad...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to comment Archduke Piccolo. Yes, there was also some hilarity involved when people found out that the weapons they chose were essentially useless in stopping a T-800.

      Delete
  5. Great AAR, fantastic presentation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skully, I need to do it a bit more to get it down better, but I like where things are going.

      Delete