Saturday, September 1, 2018

Paint Table Saturday 252 - Probably a bad idea

Hi All,

Not a lot of progress this week, but I have a plan for what I want to paint.

I had already been planning to paint the Eureka gibbons. I added the last space ape to them as I feel like, size wise, he matches them.

I'm also try to prep 10 of these Nolzur's D&D miniatures for the Ambull Safari scenario. Looking at them now, I'm seeing a lot of mold lines. I've started trimming them off with an X-acto knife. They appear to be coated in something to help them take paint. Of course my trimming the mold lines is peeling that off, so we shall see if it causes problems.

Over on the OWAC facebook group some people are chomping at the bit to have a group painting "challenge" again. So I've signed on with these 20 figures to do a mini thing. I'm not super into it, but I'm trying not to be a stick in the mud.

Thanks for looking and commenting.

Happy painting.


  1. I always like a challenge. To nudge myself to get painting.
    I'm looking forward to see more progress with your challenge...

    1. Hi Mario, thanks. I managed to finish those two chimps yesterday, I should blog them in the next day or so.

  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Ryder, I thought they'd be fun as Jokaero proxies.

  3. Can't wait to see them painted up. Good luck with the challenge

  4. The Gibbons are sweet sculpts!

    Those new dnd minis are pre-primed and it takes paint well, but the griffon i got had some moldlines i couldnt ignore and the plastic underneath took paint ok, fyi.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...