I forgot to share this with you yesterday, track season has taken up a lot of my time and energy. We had to drive an hour for yesterday's meet, but I think my son got another personal best in the 3000m. I'm glad, because I had to drive around town to exchange his new track shoes for ones that actually fit. It seems we misjudged and only bought a half size bigger for this season.
Any way on to the minis.
Still prepping and base coating figures. I gave all of the C02 wizards an ink wash to bring out the detail. I'll probably be painting them up randomly. I will be painting over their flesh, so I am just pretending it's flesh primer for challenge purposes. I've already repainted the metallics over the 5 or so retainers that had metal painted. I also glued together the resin Ape from Bombshell miniatures (I think). I used some runnier super glues and almost glued my fingers together, twice!
As usual I made way too much green stuff for filling gaps on the Ape and making a green stuff base for him. Not pictured is the Greenstuff World Roller I used for that. Also you can't really see the mesh pattern. I then tried to make more hex rivets and use the roller to make cables/worms. I think I didn't evenly coat the roll maker with vaseline, it seemed to stick on one side. So I need to work with these things more.
Anyway I hope to get this Ape finished today or early tomorrow. I've got a simple scheme in mind for him.
Happy painting everyone.