Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Let's remove Spam Comments

Hi All,

I made another quick video to help you remove annoying spam comments from your blog. Unlike the G+ ones, you can't report the profile and get them blocked. Somebody pointed out that this could be open for abuse and get legitimate profiles blocked.

Anyhow, here's how to do it through your blogger dashboard and clear it off your blog relatively painlessly.


I recorded this one using my gaming headset. It appears I need a pop filter and perhaps need to have my sinuses checked, as I snort a lot. Sorry about that.

Hope it's useful to you.

8 comments:

  1. Fortunately I don't get hit by these very often. They do tend to come in bunches though, usually on very old posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris. Yes they tend to try and sneak them in, that's why I wanted to point out how they show up chronologically in the dashboard.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Airborne. I'm also getting ready to say a little more back to our friend Claytonian. I have no idea who this guy is.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. Yours seem to be free of this recent spate of Thai spammers. Something about Quantum Binary? I don't get it.

      Delete
  4. Ppffftt...this whole post is Spam...

    "...spam, spam, eggs, spam and spam"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Blue, very funny. I have no idea who that guy on the G+ Oldhammer community was. His lack of any posts and calling it a Warhammer community leads me to not care what he says.

      Delete