Saturday, November 30, 2019

Monolith Con 2019 - Defense of the Orknodrome

Hi All,

Maj Guiscard told us that we needed to play at least two games to get the feel of Aeronautica Imperialis. Who were we to argue?

Since the Orks had lost the first game they would be defending the Orknodrome, their interplanetary attack vessel, from the Emperor's finest pilots.

I personally had a much harder time in this game getting the enemy in my sites.

It was still loads of fun. Enjoy!





Next up: "The Great Dunger Round Up!"

10 comments:

  1. Creative and superb, thanks for sharing Sean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Phil. Thanks for giving it a read.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I love the turtle ball thing. Super creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Xin, that's Airbornegrove over at https://givemlead.blogspot.com/ He's got some great old toys he's put to use for table top gaming.

      Delete
  3. Monolith! Sorry to hear about Guiscard. He was a good character. Here's to hoping he bailed out safely and lands right side up in either the New Texas or the old one. Man . . . it looks like you folks had the best of all possible times. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Composer, it was fun. I'm sure the Major ejected in time. ;)

      Delete
  4. That was a great game.
    Guiscard was experimenting with the "Stay on Target" strategy from the battle of Yavin.
    It worked out just about as well, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Major, it was loads of fun. It was odd how hard it felt to get into position in the second game. I'm still not entirely sure how we saved the Orknodrome.

      Delete
  5. These were a lot of fun. I really need to crack out vcr dogfight next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi airborne, I agree those were fun games. I know I have a vcr somewhere, but I'd be hard pressed to say where it is.

      Delete