Friday, August 9, 2019

BOYL 2019 - An Overview

Hi All,

Well, I made it to BOYL this year and overcame my hang ups about driving abroad and doubts about my ability to finish my figures, or my skill at the hobby.

I took tons of pictures, but I tried to distill it down to a few pages in this comic report. Enjoy.









I wish I had talked to more people, but I didn't know who everyone was and I wasn't sure how to talk to some of the luminaries of Warhammer. But that's on me, everyone at the event was very nice.

Anyway, as I said in the comic report, you should try to make it to this  event if you enjoy the old games and figures.

I'd also like to welcome Alan Luiz to the blog. Thanks for following.

14 comments:

  1. O mate! So happy you got to make it out there! Lucky bastard! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, it was a great time. I am very fortunate that I was able to go.

      Delete
  2. This is a simply awesome posting, Sean. Thanks ever so much for taking the time to put it together. Outstanding stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxkleric. I was trying to think of how best to give the feel of it without a photo dump. I hope I was successful. I'll have more posts going into more depth of the games I played.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Phil, yeah I've envied others being able to go. Start planning, the next one is July 31st to August 2nd.

      Delete
  4. I feel your driving pain, but yes, you get used to it. With breakfast and lots of coffee. Glorious spread! Your Strontium Dogs looked the business. Wish I'd brought the Lace Rock Gang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Composer, yes I spent a lot of time worrying about driving and it wasn't as bad as I had feared. Only had a few "oh shit" moments and google maps at least put me back on track when I inevitably was in the wrong lane. The SD game was fun, I died pretty quick though.

      Delete
  5. So awesome you got to come over. We had quite the American contingent this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Airborne, thought I'd replied to this. Yeah it was great to be there as a part of #TeamYankee

      Delete
  6. Great to meet you and glad you were able to make it over. Pleasure to roll dice with you sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Thansants, it was great to meet and game with you as well.

      Delete
  7. So awesome that you got to go, but I am seriously envious. Just ONE of those games would be the highlight of my year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just takes a little planning, and a lot of kissing up to your significant other, to make it happen. We need to start an email chain with Dai about planning a mini BOYL in Sac.

      Delete