Sunday, October 14, 2018

Paint Table Saturday 258 - Those Pesky Umber Hulks (Ambulls)

Hi All,

Late again for Saturday, but it's been a busy week. The boy had a band performance during the week, then played with the High School band during halftime at the Football game. Then we ran a Cross Country race in the pouring rain Saturday morning.


I've gotten several layers of drybrushing on the Umber Hulks. It's not looking quite where I want it, but I'm not going to worry about things too much.


I also got the Olley Dwarf Brewmeister on his base and used a spot of Squadron Green Putty to try and cover the mold line in his tankard.


I've since filed the putty down and added sand paste and grit to the base. Should get the paint on him this week.

Welcome to Dave Brewster, if you have a blog let me know and I'll link to it. I'm guessing you may be the daveb that commented on the RoC post.

As always, thanks for reading and commenting.

9 comments:

  1. Haha, yes it's daveb from the last post. https://miniatureinsurrection.blogspot.com/ is my blog.

    The brewmaster is a fun sculpt, I have him lurking in my boxes somewhere, waiting to be painted up as some sort of objective or unit standard.

    Any special plans with the small army of umberhulks? I have ambulls on the brain, as I'm running a rpg campaign that have a bunch of ambulls/umberhulks creating problems for the pcs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link daveb. These plastic Umber Hulks are for an Ambull Safari I have planned for a group of friends next month. The original idea came from one of the scenario generator ideas in Rogue Trader and I've run a couple of Ambull scenarios with my two Knightmare Games Ambulls. I want a whole lot of Ambulls though so plastics was the way to go for me. You can search the blog for Ambulls, I have two batreps floating around.

      Delete
  2. Great work on the Hulks so far. I'm looking forward to see some paint on the Dwarf.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mario. They're at the stage where I don't like them much, but I need to keep moving forward on them. I hope to get paint on the Dwarf this week. A lot of stuff going on here, hopefully I can stay on track.

      Delete
  3. This Ambull/Umber Hulks look better now they have paint. I was a little unsure if I appreciated the sculpts all that much prior. Can't wait to see how you use them in-game. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dai, the sculpts are ok even if a little hunched over. The mold lines and gaps between parts don't look bad until you really look closely. I think most people aren't mad enough to paint 10 at once though.

      Delete
  4. Nice job Sean! The grey-browned scheme of that hulks has been really achieved! Keep the creativity :)

    ReplyDelete