A fair amount of progress this week, but probably not as much as I should have gotten. Such is life. I decided to do a bunch more prep so that I can focus on painting for the rest of the Old World Army challenge.
So I finished adding the flock and static grass to the Brigands and Chaos Warriors. I also brushed on some primer to some of the Wargames Foundry bowmen in the back there and I put everyone on bottle caps to try and cut down on the amount I handle the figures. I still touch them way too much.
Just below are the rest of the retainers with their basing done. I just need to seal the grit on and then I can prime these.
On the auxiliary table, I have the foot knights, Crossbowmen, Ordonnance and one Knight (totally unassembled. The Foot knight standard bearer needs to have his banner pole cut and some green stuff to fix his hand. Somebody had modified him in the past and his hand is messed up. I had a few voids in random figures that I filled with squadron putty. It's not the greatest but it works in a pinch. One of the gunners has some major flash/ mold seam that I'm going to have to be extra careful on, so I may do the cannon next month instead of my original plan to do it this month.
Finally, I noticed a large crack all the way around the waist of the leader of my retainer unit. Boo! I must have dropped him in all the back and forth handling I've been doing. There is a definite wobble in his upper half now, but it hasn't completely separated. I've waffled about how best to fix him. Clean break and pin, or force glue and or green stuff into the crack and hope for the best. Today I'm thinking glue, yesterday was break and pin.
I'm also getting a tad bogged down in planning. I'm not sure I have enough shields for all these guys and plain shields seem to be something of a rarity these days. I think I've found some on Magister Militum, but it seems stupid to have to order them from overseas. I also found that not only is one of the plastic knights horses miscast, but one of the knights is as well. It's his shield arm so it can be hidden easily, it's just annoying.
Thanks for looking.
Oh and check out Early Blazon, a great resource for 13th century heraldry.