Thursday, July 9, 2015

2nd Goblin Fanatic Done

Hi All,

Finished that Fanatic, ie glued the flock etc on the base today.


Showing the white side of his hood. The purple belt is a little lost in the shadows under arms.


Just love the faces on these old models. You can see some of the checked pattern.


Showing off the checks, gold bells on his hat and gold coin on his belt. My trick of using gloss on the metallics, or at least shiny matte, and vallejo matte on the rest seems to be working.

For these last few posts I've been using the Auto setting on the camera and adjusting the levels in GIMP.

I've received my Colony 87 figures, but probably won't have time to paint them until after Oldhammer USA weekend

The gobbos are coming along, if slowly, and the Army Standard Bearer needs his green stuffing still. I'm going to get on that tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Airborne, I probably need to reread 3rd ed rules now.

      Delete
    2. Lol I will let them wreck my ranks. ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, it feels like I'm building on the progress I made during the challenge.

      Delete
  3. Dude really good looking fig. The pose besides I love how filthy dirty he looks while still maintaining a highlight, the colours don't look washed out at all. Great job man hope the rest of the horde looks half as good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks 24 Cigs. For the goblins I only use one color, my lightest goblinoid color, and then re-apply as a highlight after my grunge wash. I think I've been fairly consistent with this technique while doing the goblins.

    ReplyDelete