Sunday, May 5, 2013

Defeating Torpor

And I don't mean that guy who played Tevya.

Chaim Topol from imdb.com
 I have been in a sort of funk these days with barely the energy to get out of bed, or so it seems. Trying to resume my fitness regimen has been difficult to say the least. I can do it but afterwards I just want to sleep. In addition to this I have tried, and mostly failed, to get back to doing my chores around the house that I have let slide since before I got sick, if I'm truly honest with myself.

  So what does this have to do with gaming? Well it means that I have done precious little. I was doing some play testing and hope to get back to it, but I think the author has given up on me. Can't say that I blame him. I also just have lost what little painting mojo I had in the push to finish Fladnag.

  But today I had a thought. How about a dungeon crawl? Make up those cool paper dungeons I bought, get out the rest of the Caesar Adventurers and start pulling out the other Caesar Fantasy stuff and play some games with the stuff.

Sounds like a plan.

Other news:

You've probably heard about it but Sebastofig of Back to the Minis is having a giveaway to celebrate his second blog birthday. Go check it out.

Two Hour Wargames is also doing an Indiegogo Campaign for All things Zombie that looks cool here. Since I do 1/72 I'll probably be doing the deck and supplement option.

Realms of Miniatures is just about halfway funded with 25 days left to go. You can find the super cool gaming table project here. I'm tempted on this one but the timing is just not right for me. I think my wife would kill me if I tried to purchase a full on gaming table, no matter how cool or space age it is.

Welcome to Thantsants. You're blogger friend link doesn't show what blog you write and it's killing me that I can't remember where I know your name from. So as usual please let me know if you do have a blog so that I can link to it. * I finally figured it out Thantsants is from Somewhere the tea's getting cold, an Oldhammer themed blog. Right now there's some great stuff about some Blood Bowl teams he is working on.

Off to drink some more wine and make some flank steak for dinner.

12 comments:

  1. Good to hear the creative juices may be flowing again along with the steak juices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So after the steak dinner should we expect some figures to be painted?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We go through these periods sometimes Sean. Sometimes it's like trying to run uphill in a river of mud just to get the basics done. You should do the dungeon crawl as it is intriguing and that might trip you back into painting again. Hang in there dude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Anne. i have some pictures of myself running, crawling etc through mud. Good analogy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heads up! I can understand you really well. Even in your torpor your're doing more than I could at this time. Just keep it rollin' and don't press yourself too much. For everything is the right time. In germany there is a saying "Eile mit Weile" which fits pretty good I think :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paradox0n. You are right. Just have to keep soldiering on.

      Delete
  6. Glad to hear you're getting motivated. A dungeon crawl sounds like just the thing to perk you up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe. I think in part the photos of your dungeon may have inspired me.

      Delete
  7. There are a lot of people out here rooting for you! I'm always interested to hear what you've been doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colgar. I'm likewise interested in what you are doing.

      Delete