Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Update for September through December

 Hi All,

Whoa! I'm sorry for not blogging for so long. I've been in a weird headspace, to be honest, and blogging just wasn't doing it for me. I think part of the problem was that I was getting a lot of spam from old blog conversations and it was making me question the Blogger platform. 

Anyway, I'll try to just keep on doing my thing and sharing what I can. Here's a few things I painted.


Sector Corvus Prime Warlayer style building with Warzone figure for scale.





Some of the Thingiverse freebies of the Isolation Protocol buildings. I backed the kickstarter and was printing files, but I had a bit of a snag changing filament brands and I have a couple of things I need to figure out for my plan of my Sci Fi table.


Good old Reaper Vampire Matthias the Twisted.




I painted these Isengard Uruk Hai Scouts for local games of Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game: Battle Companies. (Boy that's a mouthful.) I moved my photography space around and can't quite seem to get my shots right.








I don't know that they really stand up to close ups, but they're done and I got in two games with them.


We did another Scale Creep thing where we did Chaos Champions. He's only a Renegade, but his Mom thinks he's a Champion.


There are also some unfinished 15mm Soviets and I think I also completed my Cobblestone street layout for my Mordheim table. But both of those are not really worth showing at the moment.

So, I hope you and your families are all well and that you are getting in as much hobby as you can to take some of the edge off of these trying times. Stay well.

6 comments:

  1. Hey, great to see you posting again! I was just thinking I ought to email and see how things are going.

    That terrain is great looking, and so are the Uruks. Very nice work on that hand print, really looks "to scale" in keeping with the movie where it is actually a hand making it, rather than heraldry.

    That Chaos champ is great too, I do not think that I have seen him before, or at least realized that the "ball" is an eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also I forgot to ask about the 15mm Soviets. WWII or WWIII? Are you aiming at FOW or something more skirmish-y?

      Delete
    2. Hi Lasgunpacker, good to hear from you. Sorry to be MIA. Yeah I really liked how the movie interpreted the white hand as warpaint of sorts. I had a hard time with the guy I did the face paint on, but it gets the idea across. For the renegade I had never really paid attention to the ball until I was painting it and then it occurred to me to paint it like an eye in a strongly contrasting color. The Soviets are WW2 for games of Chain of Command in 15mm with some local guys. The group jumps around a lot in what they play and has subgroups going in all directions. MESBG is the biggest departure for me right now. When I first got invited to play it was Rogue Trader.

      Delete
    3. Hobby magpie effect but with a group? Sounds dangerous! (and fun)

      Delete
  2. great to see you blogging again

    ReplyDelete