Friday, September 4, 2020

Ambiguously Magical Duo - Another Scale Creep Project

 Hi All,

Well, we had another group painting project. We're sort of calling them challenges, but they are super laid back and there are no prizes. Also the deadlines have been fairly flexible. We're just friends trying to give each other mojo to paint along a theme.

Anyway this one was to paint a wizard and his apprentice, nominally for Frostgrave and potentially to expand upon the Mordheim figures we did earlier. Here are mine.


I did Magnus the Bright from Advanced Heroquest and Telor from Heroquest as my Sorcerer and Apprentice pair.

As always I encourage you to go to Scale Creep and see the other submissions here.


I painted Magnus with Reaper paints, except for the stonework which was Citadel Contrast.



Same for Telor. Initially I had tried to 3D print him from some files I found online, but I don't have my settings right for printing figures on my filament printer. Maybe some day, but not right now.



Anyway not much to add to this. I figured I'd spare you pictures of failed prints etc. I'm trying to keep you all informed, but not bogged down in the minutia.

I hope to have some more posts up soon. I'm working on a battle report and I replaced the hot end on my printer so I have some pictures of how I did that.

Thanks for stopping by. Keep hobbying.

6 comments:

  1. Those are some great classic sculpts! Nice painting mate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dai, thanks. I could have sworn I replied to you. Sorry for the delay.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful paintjobs. Both of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated Skully. I will say that things have been clicking with me for the paintjobs of late.

      Delete