Thursday, January 21, 2016

Zero points this week, and what's up with Blogger?

Hi All,

Well, after burning the midnight oil to get my Bonus theme entry in, I came up with a big goose egg this week.


As you can see, not only am I off my weekly goal of 77 points, I'm also failing at my secondary goal of no weeks with zero output. I'm close to finishing a couple of things but mostly I've just been flailing about starting new projects. So pretty much the usual around here.

If you haven't had a chance yet, do yourself a favor and go over to the bonus round blog. Make sure to vote for your favorites [mine, ;)] before 11:45pm Regina time on Saturday night Jan. 23rd.

Now that it's been confirmed that we won't be counting bonus points in the Sci-Fi duel I probably won't be doing too many more bonus rounds. Honestly I was trying to stay out of them altogether this year as it's an added layer of stress that I don't need.

I don't know if y'all have noticed, but my blog started looking wonky sometime around the time I posted up my Leman Russ and Squig Katapult crewman. The back ground went white so I changed it to this weird abstract one and some of the link text is now a a color that I can't see. I'm not sure what happened.

Maybe "Web Services" and "I am Psychiatry" paid me back? Probably not, but who doesn't like an internet conspiracy theory.

Hopefully  I can boot strap my way back into productivity. My jaw hurts less today and I may even let people hit me tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

10 comments:

  1. Blogger has been fiddling for a month or so now! But not telling it's users! Both my follower totals dropped right-off about the start of December (like a dozen people all un-followed me on two blogs on the same day?), Airfix is back up to where it was (which would normally take a year or two and SCW is still a couple adrift...and I have weird text colours on some posts, but only if you go to them via the Tag-List? If you go via internal links or Google they're fine...alot of this stuff is the 'unintended consequences' of minor coding-tweeks by minor-coding geeks! (no spellcheck today!)

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hugh, thanks. Ithink I only lost one follower. My issues were mostly with the appearance of the blog suddenly changing for no reason. I'm not sure if I should be relieved that others are experiencing issues or not. Can't complain too much for a free service though.

      Delete
  2. Yeah Blogger is acting werid for me too, large numbers of people ''Unfollowing'' and I hate to remove a bit of softwhere which redirects people to other surgested posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chico, that hasn't happened to me yet. Knock on wood. So far I've just had to change the background and need to change html link text colors. I wonder if the follower thing has to do with the push to try and get everything G+ related. I don't like tying the two together.

      Delete
  3. Ah... spreadsheets. This is why I set a goal this year of not having a goal or letting a spreadsheet rule my life. Miles would pass out if he heard that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What!? Say it ain't so Millsy. I think I can get back on track as far as what I wanted to do when I started. I just have to not get distracted by the thumping I'm taking in the Sci-Fi duel.

      Delete
  4. Blogger has been OK for me.

    I have been aware that views were down (I have reported it in my Blog) but the numbers are currently up in the 10,000 views a month and counting.

    I'll keep an eye on it.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tony, interesting. My views have actually gone up (although I feel like the majority of them are bot pings). I'm normally in the 5 - 6,000 per month and I'm now at 8,000. I don't mind that, I just don't like the look of the blog changing without warning.

      Delete
  5. I'll have to have a look at my own now you have me wondering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simon, if you haven't noticed already you're probably good. I spend way more time than is healthy obsessing over my blog. I was using the all black Awesome Inc template. It is still messed up, so I switched to this blue/ grey version. It seems ok, although I did have to tone down the shocking blue band across the top.

      Delete