Sunday, September 24, 2017

Back from Cinque Terre

Hi All,

Just got back from a week in Italy to celebrate our 20th wedding Anniversary. So I thought you might enjoy a few shots from my cellphone.


When we went to Vernazza the sea was so rough that they had brought all the boats in from the harbor.


The next day we had a bike trip from Levanto to Corniglia, followed by a wine tasting on that terrace over the cliff in Riomaggiore.


Lopez reminded me I should look for Oldhammer in Europe. This game store in La Spezia. They had mostly current GW offerings and a lot of Kromlech and a few Rackham models. I later also went to an actual GW store in Genoa, but that was just because I walked right by it on the way to dinner.


The Via Garibaldi in Genoa was interesting, there are many narrow side streets off of it. We happened to pick one that was lined with prostitutes in the middle of the afternoon, it was surreal.


The Piazza de Ferrari in Genoa was interesting.


As was Christopher Columbus's house. It's tiny.


The Cathedral of San Lorenzo is another photogenic spot, but there's not a lot of room to get a picture.


Square across from the docks in Genoa.


The Galleon Neptune, one pier over from the aquarium. I don't know what the deal with it was, but it was interesting to look at. We didn't feel like paying 6 euros each to board it.


All in all a great trip. I highly recommend staying in La Spezia and day tripping by train into Cinque Terre. Super easy to do and La Spezia is an easy going smallish city. Genoa is a much larger city but you can see a lot by just walking around. In both cases we stayed at a Hotel that was about 10 minutes walk from the train station.

I hope to be back at my painting desk this week and getting myself organized for the upcoming things as we barrel towards the end of the year.

I'd also like to welcome Brett Besley and Mathia Gerner to the blog. As always, let me know if you have a hobby blog you would like me to link to.

Happy painting.

8 comments:

  1. Awesome stuff Sean...Glad you both had a good time. Wow Christopher Columbus's house IS small!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Airborne. I've really enjoyed both trips to Italy.

      Delete
  2. Funnily enough we were also in Italy last week, but in Venice and Florence. Beautiful country. You've given me the perfect excuse to return!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's quite a coincidence Anthony. We went with the kids and my sister in law and her husband last spring. We did Venice, Florence and Rome. I think Florence is my favorite, but La Spezia and Cinque Terre are up there.

      Delete
  3. Loved my time hiking through Northern Italy as a 20 something.

    Glad you enjoyed your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Riot, beautiful scenery to hike through to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on 20 years!

    And Italy always looks lovely, really must make it over there sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lasgunpacker, thanks. If you get a chance to travel to Europe, Italy is a great place to go. But really it's hard to go wrong.

      Delete