Sunday, September 10, 2017

Paint Table Saturday 201 - (On a Sunday)

Hi All,

Busy week this week as I had the in-laws in town for the holiday weekend and then spent Wednesday through Friday on Catalina with my son's 6th grade field trip.

The pier at Fox Landing at dawn.
We did snorkling, kayaking and marine science stuff. They kept us very busy. We spent about 8 hours at LAX as our flight home got delayed until midnight. It was very challenging wrangling all those kids in terminal for that length of time.

But on to the table.


Nothing much has changed. I did drybrush a few shades of grey on the skull altar, but it needs more. The IG are pretty much the same as before.


I received my Undead Landsknechts from The Assault Group Kickstarter,


and my Triumph of Death skeletons from the Skull and Crown Kickstarter. So my plan now is to organize and prime all my undead for the upcoming Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge. I think this year will be number 8.


I also used my 20% off coupon from Mario to essentially get free shipping on these from Mini Monsters. Ork/Orc totem at top. Large barrels, small barrels, crushed barrels and objective markers. The prices and shipping are very reasonable and they have some cool stuff. I'm looking forward to painting these up.

Finally a welcome to new follower Dave Bone. I don't see a link to your blog, if you have one I'll link to it. Thanks for following.

My schedule will not permit much painting for the next few weeks so we'll see what happens with things.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal. I think my wife feels like it may be too much stuff.

      Delete
  2. Great stuff Sean ! I'm looking forward to the finished models.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Mario, thanks. Yeah I feel like these will paint up pretty fast.

      Delete
  3. All good stuff, but I particularly like the model of death on horseback.

    "Kid wrangling"? You have my admiration - this sounds a bit like cat-herding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hugh, yes that is the signature model. The others in the range are pretty cool too. Thomas Foss is an amazing artist and Drew Williams did a fantastic job of sculpting his concept art. Kid wrangling is my job these days, but in a semi contained environment. Add in sugar, boredom and open public spaces and it gets exponentially more difficult.

      Delete
  4. Eight hours at LAX sounds like a special sort of hell, even without kids along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Herding kittens and in LAX no less. Colour me impressed matey.

    Nice haul. Looking forward to seeing those tasty undead taking shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, our group had two of us chaperoning so it wasn't too bad. Finally around 10pm we found a gate that as deserted where we could corral the entire group and the principal told everyone to sit down and be quiet. The Skeletons won't be painted until the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge, starting in December.

      Delete