Epic fail on the hobby front this week. I touched up the black metallics and flat black on the armor of the IG and then only primed the Dragon Forge resin terrain piece.
I've had a little trouble getting paint into all the nooks and crannies.
In addition to trying to clean up all my hobby junk for the impending visit of the in-laws, I have been fixing random plumbing issues and a hole in the staircase wall.
In order to get around all the breakage and tearing on the inside I ended up having to open a 10" by 6.5" hole all the way down to the footer. I had been putting this off for too long because I was trying to figure out a way to save the base moulding. I couldn't. The carpet is also a major annoyance.
I've obscured what I did with patch compound. It's slightly pink but dries white. I have backed up the patch with a 12" strip of wood to give the patch pieces something to brace against. Two screws hold the wood to the existing drywall. Two more can be seen near the top middle securing the patch to the stip. I added too more down near the carpet into the footer to make that area more secure. I had to cut two pieces as my patch plaster board is half the thickness of what the builder used.
The patch this morning. Obviously it needs some sanding and perhaps a touch up of some of those voids near the top. Putty was applied at three different times over the course of yesterday. I'll eventually finish it off with some texture spray. I think mine is some version of knockdown, not straight orange peel texture.
Thanks for looking.