Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Check out the AHPC Bonus round

Hi All,

  The transition from holidays to regular schedule has been difficult. A visit from my brother and his girlfriend saw a frenzy of tidying around the house and then both feet into the school week left little time for hobby stuff.

  That's a long winded way of saying I didn't do anything for the bonus round. That being said you really should head over there and take a look. Some seriously good stuff.

You can find the Bonus round blog here.

The two stand outs for me were Michael A's The Great Escape and Alan D's Forgotten Heroes of the Advancing Game.

There were also some very nice Oldhammer entries (in no particular order):

AaronH - Goblin Spider Chariot

AlexS - Oldhammer Orks

ByronM - Eldar Farseer

GregB - Citadel Imperial Guard

IannickM - Oldhammer, Three Champions of Chaos (my favorite)

IgnacioR - 10mm Warmaster Chaos Army

JamieM - Rogue Trader Guardsmen

Barks - Robin Hood and his Somewhat Ambivalent Men

JohnSe - Old School  Space Orks

MilesR - The gateway drug

KyleC - Warhammer Daemon (holy #%&*!, I missed this when it came out.)

PhilH - Plaguebearer Daemons (newer models but worth a look)

StefanK - Dark Angels Brother Nostalgico

TeemuL - Bloodbowl Blitzers (Keepin' it Oldskool!)

So have a gander and vote for the ones that catch your fancy, you can pick as many as you like. Voting is open until the 9th I think.

I'd also like to take the time to welcome fellow challenger Sander to the blog. He pens the blog Modus Reg Magni Momenti among others.

I have a bunch of stuff to do/ on my mind. I'll try and do a recap of 2015 and a plan for 2016. But next up will probably be a post about my latest challenge entry.

Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. ot? No love for my Nostalgia entry? *sob* ;)

    Do check out all the entries folks - there are some real gems in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Tamsin, I don't know if it's short term memory loss or yours was one of the ones that came up after I read through. I'm drawing a blank on yours. The list was mainly the ones that I thought my Oldhammer enthusiast readers would like. Michael's and Alan's just knocked my socks off in terms of concept and presentation.

      Delete