Thursday, January 28, 2016

Finished Ogres and Rat from last Saturday

Hi All,

They are up on the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge VI here. As usual I am posting all the same pictures here on the blog.


In the main I like how these came out. I used the Reaper Golden skin tone set, but only the shade and mid colors, followed by a wash with the shade. Looks okay but I think it needed some dark lining for some of the transition areas. I didn't see it at the time.


I'm also not liking the yellow skirt with his skin color as much. The greens were a couple of new colors I bought at the craft store.


I really liked the faces on these two. I thought the picture was sharper than it is.


This giant rat was a fun sculpt. The various spaces between his legs and under his head were a little tricky to paint though.


I don't like how his fur came out but the flesh and boils are nice. This figure proved to be rather popular on the challenge.


So here are the four 20mm scale Ogres from Splintered Light and the 28mm scale Giant Rat from Reaper.


Here's a shot of how I'm trying to play with off camera flashes to get better lighting. I feel like all my shots are under exposed so I'm trying to figure out different ways to light them up. These shots still needed some level adjustments in GIMP, so they're not where I want them to be yet.

I'd like to welcome Kitrock aka Robert Kurcina to the blog. I don't see a blog link in your Google friend profile so let me know if you have one and I'll link it.

And on a final note I've started seeing a slow bleed off of followers over the last couple of days. About 7 so far. I'm wondering if this is what some of you were talking about. I have resisted G+ integration of comments and circles on the blog because they insist on forcing so much integration. I personally like to compartmentalize my life and am not particularly interested in bombarding my non hobby friends with pictures of little men. Call me weird.

8 comments: