Thursday, December 10, 2015

Space Staff repair, Krakatoans funded and welcome.

Hi All,

Still flailing about, falling further behind. I know, same old story.


As you can see I used blue tack to hold everything in place while the glue set. I then decided that I needed to trim the pin on the top, and promptly snapped the whole thing back off.


And here he is back together again.  Looks pretty good from the front.


A hair wonky from the side, but hey, the guy is using some kind of Sci-Fi UHF aerial as a walking stick.

This is also my new interpretation of the 40K base work I'm trying to achieve. It needs a second layer of PVA over the grit and gravel. Instead of clean steel paneling or wires, my idea is to have moon rock and dust. Sort of Space 1999 inspired.

I also wanted to say thanks to all of the other people who backed the Dragon Bait Indiegogo. I have no idea if my postings swayed anyone, but the thing went from 60% to over 100% funded in the last couple of days. Doesn't really bring me any added benefit, but I'm glad they hit their goals.

I'd lastly like to welcome Bill of Dice, Doubloons, and Random Musings. Bill is a fellow challenger this year annd has an interesting blog. I've only read a couple of posts, but he has a D&D game with a Dwarf utilizing a Cosmic Cannon. I really want to ask him what that's all about.

Back to the Salt Mines.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Simon. It's better than broken at least.

      Delete
  2. Looking Good Sean! Dealing with broken staffs and banner poles is such a pain in the ass.

    I'm also very to happy to see that Dragon Bait made their goal...even if by the slimmest of margins. Great figures and quality figure makes deserve our support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blue, yeah repairing banner poles can be tricky stuff. I also have several missing back banner I need to create. As usual I'm dragging my feet on deciding how I want to do it.

      I too prefer supporting new figure makers over Ebay speculators. I'm almost wholly doing that or trading on Citadel Fans.

      Delete
  3. Space 1999! Still one of my favourite ever sci-fi shows. :-) You've made a great job of the repair and once painted you'd hardly know it was ever broken I suspect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Millsy. I suspect I need to dig up some old episodes and see what happened on Moon Base Alpha. My recollection is pretty foggy. Painting cures a lot of things.

      Delete
  4. Many thanks for the welcome Sean! And please, ask away. The story behind the dwarf with the cosmic ray cannon is two-fold; one, I like blending science fiction and fantasy, and with the group of players I have right now a pretty silly blending was called for. Two, the dwarf's player is my roommate and he's been having a lot of job-stress lately on top of studying to get into law school, so the cosmic ray cannon was intended as a bit of catharsis for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Bill. Sounds good, coming into the story it was interesting. Fairly standard D & D, and oh by the way, the party murdered frog men with a Cosmic Death Ray. I like the idea of Sci-Fi "magic" in games. I recall shooting myself in the face with a needle gun in the Barrier Peaks module. There after we held all weapons perpendicular to our bodies when test firing.

      Delete