Friday, December 4, 2015

Some links about Weathering powders

Hi All,

I was thinking about ways to up my game for the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge and found this interesting link. The From the Warp articles are what interested me most. I seem to have a penchant for finding blogs that have been abandoned.

Anyway I think there are a really good series of articles on using weathering powders for the novice (me). What I came away with is that weathering powders probably aren't what I want right now. The methods for sealing them on the miniatures ruin the effects. At least as I see it. So I'll be trying to do the effects with paint of the pan pastels I already have.

A lot of prep going on for the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge in 16 days. I need to get cracking.

9 comments:

  1. That's a nice fine Sean. Buy a couple and give them a try, the results might surprise you. The Pan Pastels are a bit more adhesive and don't necessarily need to be sealed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris, thanks. I was going to buy a bunch, but I've splurged so much on figures of late that I didn't feel like the added cost would be worth it. I also bought those Pan Pastels after reading about your use of them some time ago. So I'll give those a try.

      Delete
  2. Nice links I'll have a read of these some interesting articles there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simon. I found all the stuff I read on From the Warp quite interesting, especially since I've only recently stuck a toe into 40K.

      Delete
  3. As Simon says, there's very much some interesting stuff on the end of those links. Good luck with the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Blax, thanks. Good luck to you as well.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the links. I have just dipped my toes into pigments and need to learn more. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joakim, you're welcome. I haven't checked in with your blog in awhile. I look forward to seeing how your work with weathering progresses.

      Delete
    2. "slowly" is a high probability, I guess :-)

      Delete