Saturday, February 17, 2018

Paint Table Saturday 224 - Progress on Bretonnians and Wizards

Hi All,

The weeks seem to be flying by. I'm getting a little bit of hobby time in the evenings while we watch the Winter Olympics. I've never really been very engaged in the Olympics in general but I'll follow on occasion.

Anyway, put paint on a few areas here and there.


Did all the base flesh, base and highlights on the padded leather and a base coat for the Blue. As you can see I went with a Blue outer robe for Holbon Toddlebrew. What may not be as clear is that I over painted the old flesh on all the retainers and wizards with Reaper Tanned Shadow, partly to be challenge compliant and partly because I feel like the old flesh color is a caricature of itself. For Mazda I tried the Fair flesh tone. I want him pale, but I didn't want to do more Vampiric flesh.

The other thing I tried just yesterday was putting down a layer of Orange Brown over the Grey primer and then putting the Marigold Yellow on. I think it works better than multiple coats of Marigold Yellow that just leave me frustrated.

I just realized that I forgot to share the finished Ape pictures on the G+ page, so I'll do that.

Happy Year of the Dog. We went out for Lunar New Year dinner last night with friends, it was great.

Happy painting.

16 comments:

  1. Great progress Sean ! I'm looking forward to see those Bretonnians finished ! I'll have to take a look on G+ then as I'm currious what you did to the ape.
    Greetings & happy painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mario. I also posted Girron here on the blog, I just never told the group.

      Delete
  2. So many great minis there;good progress! I don't think I've ever seen that wizard before.
    Cheers
    Ths

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Foss, I got the wizards all in one pack I think. There were a whole bunch of them in the various flyers and catalogs. I have one more on its way from the UK.

      Delete
  3. What Foss said, great minis to be painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ryder, I hope I can do them justice.

      Delete
  4. Looking good mate. Great to see more progress on the Brets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Millsy, I need to go and have a closer look at your Empire foot Knights.

      Delete
  5. Those Brets are really coming along. It’s akways interesting to see other people’s process. We all have such different takes. 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks airborne. I've tried to bridge the gap in the hobby after being away for so long. I come up with weird ways to approximate modern best practices.

      Delete
  6. We are all slaves to the paint table. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness I've fallen behind on my commenting...

    Old post, but is good to see progress mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Dai. As you know, I sometimes massively fall behind on commenting.

      Delete