Saturday, February 24, 2018

Paint Table Saturday 225 - Ever closer on those Bretonnians

Hi All,

  I would love to post more, but seem to only be able to post once a week. Here's what's going on on the painting desk.


Still the retainers and wizards.


I finally got all the base colors on the Baron.


Decided to free hand some stars and a crescent moon on Holbon to make him more wizardy.


Mazda need some highlights and his mouth painted, but he's pretty close to done too. I'm just slogging through these today as I want to finish them up so I can post them to the challenges by Monday.

Also a hearty welcome to Scott Templeman. I saw you a few weeks ago, but forgot to welcome you in the last post. As always, if you have a hobby blog I can link to, let me know.

Happy painting.

12 comments:

  1. Great work Sean on your Bretonnians ! I'm looking forward to see this bunch finished !
    I'm currently working on 4 Bretonnian archers. How do you keep yourself motivated to paint so many of the same army at once? I can paint maximum 10 mini's of the same army at once or I get bored with them. How do you do it?
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mario, honestly I don't normally work on so many figures at once. My limit is 5, as a rule. I also don't really like batch painting. Adding the wizards and painting the baron in a different scheme have helped to break up the monotony a little.

      Delete
  2. Nice work on those figures, mine have been in boxes/packets for the last 20 years.
    One day, one day............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Guido, I too like to season my figures. I'm trying to get more painted these days. This project has been a mix of things from years in the lead pile to recent acquisitions.

      Delete
  3. Soldier on. Can't wait to see the final army all together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anthony, getting there. Today is the big push, but I have three other things to do today that are going to eat up a lot of time.

      Delete
  4. Lots of cool figures progressing nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, I'm sooo close to being done.

      Delete
  5. That free hand stars and moon look well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew, I can live with them. I tried doing stars that looked like a plus sign and they were pants. Pentagrams, oddly enough, are easier for me.

      Delete
  6. Really liking that brown/white scheme on the baron and those stars - really nicely done mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai. I didn't totally like the stars at first, but they add interest to the robe.

      Delete