Wednesday, December 23, 2015

First post of the Challenge - 1/72 Gladiators

Hi All,

Finally got in my first submission to the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge VI, here. I'll show you the same pictures on the blog, but I do recommend checking it out for all the other submissions. The themed rounds are especially good. I haven't decided if I'mm gong to participate in those yet or not.

Anyway, here's the Gladiators.


As I tagged in the labels, these are a mix of Italeri, Pegasus and Orion figures. Each set has it's strengths and weaknesses. The main issue with the Orion is the amount of flash and the rubbery plastic that is hard to trim cleanly.


I mixed in a lot of bronze and brass with the silver metallics, to keep it interesting. I also used the Reaper Dark and Golden skin triads in addition to my standby, Tanned skin.


These lads and lady (and bear) gave me 36 points. I'm trying to be a tad more consistent this year, we'll see how that goes.


Just a look behind the scenes. I didn't bring a variety of backgrounds with me so I thought I'd try using my tablet as the background. I probably should have wiped the finger prints off the screen.

I should be posting another batch of figures to the challenge later today.

4 comments:

  1. I thought this was a cracking start to your challenge Sean - I need to get myself organised and get something in myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. I just wanted to try and even out my output this year. I had a lot of hills and valleys last year.

      Delete
  2. Good start to the challenge Sean, are you going yo use these soemtime in the future ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zabadak. The theory is we will get in a game with them sometime over the holiday break. I need to brush up on the rules, which is often time the main issue and barrier to play.

      Delete