Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Glorious Winner is...


Nicholas Caldwell

***Google friend connect is being annoying right now and I can't seem to contact you, I'll try your blog and hopefully you will check here. Just drop me an email with your choice and your particulars and I'll get the ball rolling to get it to you.*** (Hmm no contact on the blog either.)

So we started with a list of the entrants ordered by their posting of comments to the prize drawing as follows:

  1. Chuck
  2. Dan
  3. Martian Banshee
  4. Ding Duck
  5. Ray Rousell
  6. Mathyoo
  7. Rodger
  8. The Angry Lurker
  9. Tim
  10. Nicholas Caldwell
  11. Lee Hadley

I had hoped for a simple die roll, but there is never an 11 sided die around when you need one. I have been using the Dice Bag app for my android phone a bit and thought I could make an 11 sided die but “no dice” as they say.

One solution would be to make a random number generator using excel (I actually use Open Office Calc, but more or less same difference). The Old Dessauer had a nice post on it here. But I didn't want to do that.

So I decided, why not make another Inspiration Pad file to randomly return the winner? Why do that and not just write the names on paper and put them in a hat? I have no idea, I guess because I can. These are the kinds of things that get that look from the wife. You know, the “I can't believe I'm still married to such a dork” look. To which I reply, mostly in my own mind “Yeah, but I'm King of the dorks baby!”

So I hope the rest of you aren't too disappointed. I must say it feels kind of nice to do something for a fellow gamer.

Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for running a give-away, its great to see this in the community and congrats to Nicholas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sweat. The idea really comes from Big Lee.

      Delete
  2. Congrats to Nicholas. Really cool thing you have done Sean. No disappointment here.

    ReplyDelete