Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Hi all,

I'll be travelling today and I've no idea how much free time or internet access I will have over the next week so I just wanted to leave you with a Happy St. Patrick's Day wish and the only clean Limerick I know.

There once were two cats from Kilkenny
Each thought there was one cat too many
So they fought and they fit
And they scratched and they bit
Till excepting their nails,
And the tips of their tails
Instead of two cats there weren't any.

My second favorite Irish Beer (It's from Kilkenny)
I learned this one from Richard Scarry's Best Mother Goose ever. My mother read it to me and I have a copy that I have read to my kids.

Welcome to Kobayachimaru of Chroniques du fort Bastiani as well as a couple of other blogs I have not had the chance to look at yet. This is a really nice site with a range of interests. A lot of Two Hour Wargames campaigns going on from Sci Fi to Fantasy. I like his minis, terrain and game aids that he makes for himself and his club. I've been following for quite awhile now.

Anyway enjoy the day, hopefully you will successfully avoid the crowds of amateurs that come out drinking on this day. I will raise a pint to you. Slainte!

And remember, you know you've had too much green beer when your urine turns green.

**Edit

Oops, I almost forgot:

Always gets my blood up!

**

1 comment:

  1. Nice limerick. I remember hearing it before, but it is the only clean one I can think of. :) Thanks for the link to "God Save Ireland". Great song and I've never heard it before.

    ReplyDelete