Friday, June 22, 2018

Shadow War: Armageddon - The Return

Hi All,

This is the last battle report from my jaunt to California earlier this Summer. You can read Lasgunpacker's account here.

It was a nifty little scenario designed on the fly by Lasgunpacker. We used our Kill Teams from last year. My heavies were both out with head wounds. I was doing great up until the last two turns, then it all fell apart.

At my insistence, we did the recovery rules wrong. Sorry. It should be that you have to dice to see if you die, stay down or get up. Since we both did the same it came out in the wash.

Here's the report.










We had a great time at Great Escape Games. Tons of table space and loads of terrain to make a nice board. The only thing I'm not sure about is if Lasgunpacker captured all my guys who went down. In the last turn he murdered me. I was lucky in the after battle rolls though and suffered no ill effects.

Thanks for looking. If you have any rules clarifications let me know.

8 comments:

  1. Another great report. What brand/make of figures did you use for the genestealer cult? They don’t look familiar to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Pouncing Tiger, they are mostly Uscarl a company out of France. http://uscarlminis.free.fr/ They also came out with some cool squats that I have yet to paint.

      Delete
  2. Great write-up! I did not realize you had taken quite so many pictures, and it is nice to see things from the other side of the table.

    The game was very fun. I got pretty lucky with the die rolls for recovery, and the pilot holding up your team for a couple of turns so that I could get there was critical.

    Hopefully we can have a rematch soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lasgunpacker, glad you like it. Yeah, even though it ended up a total defeat it felt very much in the balance for most of the game. I had a great time and we should do it again. Probably over the Holidays. I know it's hard with all the family commitments and all, but we should try anyway. I'll try to start the email chain sooner.

      Delete
  3. Great report Sean. The Genestealer warband looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. I like how they look, I just don't care for how I'm playing them at the moment.

      Delete