Monday, June 19, 2017

Kublacon 2017 - Mordheim: Hunt for the Pirate's Gold

Hi All,

Hope everyone had a great fathers day.  Mine consisted of 4 hours of WFRP and then a 15oz Prime Rib for dinner. Honestly it changed my opinion of prime rib.

Anyway, here is the Mordheim game the boy and I played on the Saturday afternoon of Kublacon. It had a fun twist in that the Pirates had their own turn after all the players. They would roll for leadership, and if they failed they would roll on the drunk table and do something crazy. They would also attack anyone they thought was taking their gold of course.





SO the boy and I somehow how managed to have Henry the war Priest run of with the gold, the scenario ends when someone gets any gold down to the street level. The Necromancer and the Skaven I think tried to stop us but failed. As you can see I forgot to take pictures of that grand finale.

I didn't use any filters on the images, I just sharpened them a little. The pictures were pretty grainy because of high ISO.

I've got a couple of WFRP sessions coming and a few more battle reports. I'll also work on a comic tutorial and the zine.

When I see it written down I realize how much I have to do. Yikes.

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal, Tyler's figures and terrain were great. I only wish I had been more disciplined about taking pictures. I didn't adequately document our triumph.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful and sounds like you had a great Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Fathers day indeed and a lovely afternoon at Kublacon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting stuff, love the table. Really good report.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sprinks. Tyler really knows how to put on a game.

      Delete
  5. A drunken Ogre, Vienna Sausages! Looks like my kind of game. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes airborne, you would've fit right in.

      Delete
  6. A creative and wonderful job, excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, I just wish I had taken more pics to develop the story a little more.

      Delete
  7. It's good doing stuff like this with offspring. Did you win the Vienna Sausages, or are they some other part of the plot :-) ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great weekend of sharing the hobby with my son. One of the other players brought that out to taunt his buddy. I'm not sure what actually happened to it.

      Delete