I finished the other five figures of the red & black arrer unit, but I still haven't done the shields. One thing that is holding me back is that I wanted to see if I could make press molds of them.
An assortment of the old plastic shields. In the middle is the Super Sculpey mold, flanked by the same shields done in Instamold. I wanted to try both as I wasn't sure if prying the shields out of the sculpey had deformed the shapes. I'm going to try and do some green stuffing today, so I should have the results soon. I think I may have over baked the sculpey, hence the dark brown color. The original is pink.
The hazards of working with 25 year old plastic. This one shattered when I tried to clip it off the sprue. I may try to use it as a scenery item.
Just a WIP of the standard bearer. the extension is sprue. I've since glued the spearhead on top, after clipping the pin wire to size. I find it easier to make a long wire straight and then clip in place when the glue had dried. I'm going to need to green stuff the gaps and get to work on the banners.
I'd also like to welcome The Responsible One to the blog. His blog, The Responsible One's Wargaming Blog has some nice oldhammer stuff and some new that is evocative of the era.