Friday, June 12, 2015

First Arrer Boyz Unit 90% done

I've waffled between showing you too many WIP pics and waiting until I was finished, so I give you neither!


The above are just awaiting some varnish, a touch up on the base edge with black and some flock etc. I thought they came out pretty well.


These are the ones that I "finished" yesterday. The reason they are not 100% done is that I haven't even started the shields for the one on the extreme right or the one in the extreme left in the top photo.

I just took a quick snap shot and tried to give you an angle that showed the faces best. They are a continuation on the red and black theme that I used on the Stickas, or rather a precursor, as the colors were blocked out 25 years ago. I think I did a pretty good job of layering my new skin colors on top of what I can only guess is Goblin Green. I don't remember what the mid green from GW was called.

I'd also like to welcome two new followers:

Shawn, who has two blogs that don't appear to have content right now.

Ariel el Vikingo Dark, who appears to have a lot of social media sites that are related to pop culture.

If you have a blog that is even tenuously related to wargaming, let me know and I'll post a link.

So almost one unit done this week, that schedule seems to be paying off. Busy with Junior Olympics State Finals this weekend, so we shall see if I can get anything more done.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely job Sir, a a fearsome bunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, they are a fearsome bunch. I love these old sculpts.

      Delete
  2. Looking really nice, very good work. I need to crack on. Stupid job making me travel is really impacting painting vow progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stevo, looks like blogger ate my earlier response. It was something witty about your "stupid job" and earning money to buy figures. Just paint when you can and thanks for helping me get over my painters block.

      Delete
  3. Yup, they look good. Now finish them :-) !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hugh, they will be finished. Oh! They will be finished I say! ;)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Millsy, I made more progress today. I'm just fooling around with making press molds of the plastic shields. I have a bunch but I wanted to try it.

      Delete