Sunday, August 19, 2018

Paint Table Saturday 250 - Team Terra and Space Apes

Hi All,

I know, it's Sunday. This is where I left the figures yesterday.


Team Terra is mostly the Empirical Absolution squad from Foundry with a Mongoose Psy Judge. They will join the Psycho Sam figure from Oldhammer USA 2015.


Got most of the faces and space suits on the gorillas. I mixed some dark blue with some darker browns to get the flesh tones. Thanks for the tip Asslessman. I'm trying to do the color scheme as an homage to the uniforms from Conquest of the Planet of the Apes from 1972. As you may recall the gorillas wore red, chimps green, and orangutans a sort of orange brown, I might go khaki instead. I have these two gorillas, two I'm calling chimps and one shorter one which seems similar to the other gibbons I have.

So there you have it.

I hope to have these guys knocked out this next week.

Happy painting.

6 comments:

  1. Looking great Sean ! Looking forward to see them finished.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mario. Things seem to be getting in the way to finish them, but they will get finished.

      Delete
  2. I really do like the look of those space monkeys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. I like having strange figures that are different than other peoples when we game the classics, like Necromunda or Rogue Trader.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Anthony, I wanted to use a dark brown but make it different than I would use for darker skinned humans.

      Delete