Followers

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Paint Table Saturday 233 - Bretonnians in the home stretch

Hi All,

Well, today was supposed to be the day I finished these.


But I encountered a slight problem.


Three out of the four knights did not fit their horse, I should have dry fit them before painting.


After some expletives and a little bending by hand, I decided to make up some green stuff and put it under the saddles to fill that gap. So it's hardening now and I'll paint it tomorrow.


I spread the excess putty very thinly onto a 25mm round base and textured it with my greenstuff world mesh roller. This time I put vaseline directly on the putty instead of trying to coat the roller. It worked much better.

We'll see if I can bang out the camp followers for the final army shot as well. I would also like to add a War Altar, but I haven't found the monk figures I have or received my Max Mini order.

I cataloged some of my Sci Fi collection, I'll post more on that soon.

Thanks for looking.

11 comments:

  1. Looking good Sean. Those knights look like lots of work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael, I probably make it look like more effort than it actually takes. I'm funny like that.

      Delete
  2. They all look great. I am sure you will remember to dry fit next. It is a learning process where you think nah it will be fine only for it to kick you in the bollocks later. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simon, I don't think I've ever had rider fit so badly before. To be fair I haven't done very many of these knights.

      Delete
  3. Nearly there mate and they're looking awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Millsy, should be done today.

      Delete
  4. Great work on the Bretonnians ! I'm looking forward to see hem finished !
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice heraldry work - love the checkered barding. Frustrating when parts don't fit - as you think they should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dean, thanks. Yes, but I think I fixed it.

      Delete
  6. That's one thing that used to annoy the shite out of me, riders who didn't fit the bloody mounts they were supplied with! Glad you worked through them even if it was post-painting.

    One of these days, I'm going to have to get some of those GS rollers. The results I've seen online are smashing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...