Sunday, October 16, 2016

Blog Interlude - Some products you may be interested in.

Hi All,

As I work on various household projects and get the next battle report ready, I thought I'd share with you some projects that have caught my fancy. I am not able, at this point in time, to support all of them monetarily so I hope to live vicariously through you.

The Forge of Ice "Sleepy Sentries & Sleazy Merchants" looks nice and really fits a niche for those pulpy Conan style games. They look like Stygians to me.

Next is Astropolis by Lead Adventure. With only 3 days left I may be able to resist and stick to my guns on holding off on purchasing these. My hope is that when I finally paint some of my stash and don't feel so guilty I will be able to purchase some of these in their store.

Their kickstarter may be over but Shortwars got my attention. I may be adding more to my Halfling army in the future. I've had a chat with John Lye on facebook and I like the stuff he is doing. You may have seen some of his Hybrids, lovely stuff.

Speaking of Hybrids, watch out for French company Uscarl, you may have seen some beautifully painted examples of their upcoming release on JB's blog here.

Finally, I've been peripherally aware of them for years, but check out Skull and Crown. Thomas Foss makes some beautiful Wooden flats and puts on some grand games. I wish I had taken my son out earlier to play these when he was younger. Our goal is to make 2017 the year that we game together at a convention. I think one of Thomas games would be a great entree for him.

Welcome to The Fall Guy, if you have a blog let me know and Thomas Foss of the Skull and Crown blog.

Thanks to all who stop by to read and especially to those who comment. The best part about blogging is the mutual inspiration we can give each other.

Have a good one.


8 comments:

  1. I caved and backed Astropolis at the three pack level. Now to decide exactly which three packs I want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bill, it's really tough. We appear to be spoiled for choice these days. I really want Astropolis, but then i look at all the Space Raiders and Colony 87 I still haven't painted and I feel too guilty. Of course that doesn't stop me from buying Genestealer Hybrids. ;)

      Delete
  2. Argh! So many shiny new temptations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop the temptation! My wallet can't take it.... Not anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dai. Sorry, we're starting look at budgets here too. ☹

      Delete
  4. I had seen the sleeping sentries before, but not the other things. They're all interesting (thanks!), but I think I can resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hugh,sometimes one must stick to ones guns.

      Delete