Saturday, January 25, 2020

Happy Year of the Rat

Hi All,

Today is the Lunar New Year, so Happy Year of the Rat. Around our house we say 恭喜发财.

So I thought this would be the perfect time to get myself together and paint those Skaven that have been sitting in the lead pile for far too long.


You've seen these guys on the blog before. They are the Rat Ogres from the Isle of Blood Box. Somewhere I also have their handler and a Reaper Giant Rat painted. Of course I couldn't find them for this photo.


Some of the Skaven from the Advanced Heroquest box. I have a few more, but you get the idea from these. I also need to paint up all the adventurers and Men at Arms.


Some Plague Monks. I may have more lurking around. Who knows. In fact I'm pretty sure I have a few with a knife and scroll somewhere. I'm so disorganized.


Somehow I won a shrink wrapped Screaming Bell on eBay. Every now and then you get lucky.


Some more of the Isle of Blood Skaven. Again I'm sparing you the pictures of sprues, I have more.


Random assorted Skaven I've bought over the years in peoples basements and parking lot exchanges.


And last, some 20mm Ratmen from Splintered Light Miniatures. The big boy at the back that I'm using as a Rat Ogre is a 28mm scale figure from Highlander Miniatures? I forget. Anyway a cool sculpt.

So that's it for me, another project on top of the others, we'll see how it goes. Next will be to set them up and figure out what sort of "army" I have. Then print out an Army Builder list and get cracking.

Thanks for looking. I hope you find something in your pile that you feel inspired to paint.

4 comments:

  1. That is going to be one awesome Clan of Rats. Nice models, Sean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Major. I've finally found a pretty comprehensive "collector's guide" online to help me figure out what I have. Looks like my main issue is not having certain very Skaveny figures. I'm also trying to figure out when the rules ditched Skaven Slaves.

      Delete